Sunday, May 12, 2013

Tulips. Tulips, Tulips

I drove to a small town this weekend that celebrates a tulip festival every spring.  I got there very early so I could see the tulips without other people around.


The tulips were everywhere.  Though they are always in large groups I find it most enjoyable to look at them individually.




There are so many different colours of tulips.


I am partial to red ones.  You can see the windmill in the background of this picture.
 


These tulips were different but I liked them.



There are several buildings as part of a museum.  This is the side of a church.


This bronze statute is of a man with his bicycle.  Notice the wooden shoes.


He is packing his pipe.


Seeing all these tulips and the pride this community has in them was refreshing. 


I enjoyed seeing them and taking a few pictures of them.

3 comments:

Small City Scenes said...

Ah, doncha just love Tulips. Our Tulip Festival is All of April although the Tulip fields in the Skagit Valley start earlier--sometimes--whenever Mother Nature says so. Two Tulip farms have special gardens to show off the various Tulips and other bulbs and they are just beautiful. Over 1000 acres are planted with Tulips (grown for bulbs) and are a sight to drive through.
Love the pictures you took. MB

Leslie: said...

Oh my! One of my favourite flowers. Looks like it was a glorious day, too!

Hilary said...

Lovely blooms. I like the pink ones best. And I love the close up of the pipe packing. Nicely done, Russell.