Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

Happy Easter! Regardless of your religious beliefs (or lack thereof) hopefully you find this a nice time of year.



I always think of Easter as being a nice, spring day complete with tulips and other spring flowers blooming. In reality, tulips are still a few weeks away here in Iowa but at least the grass is getting green.



I recall as a child Easter was a time for Easter baskets, going to church and then having a big meal with the family. It was not quite like Christmas but it was still pretty special. I also remember it was a time when women and girls wore Easter hats.



As with many holidays, it seems we often think of our childhood days or times when our own children were small.



I laughed when I saw this cartoon.



Have a good day and thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Maureen said...

Love the cartoon, what?

Jo said...

*Heh, heh*

Happy Easter...!

Eat lotsa chocolate. :-)

A Lady's Life said...

lol this is funny Nice pics:)
Happy Easter to you as well :)

Brenda said...

Ha...that was cute. Happy Easter!

Pauline said...

I'm a day late and a dollar short with Easter greetings - the eggs (great photo!) and chocolate are gone, but the grass and flowers are bright and very welcome! Happy spring!

IowaCurls said...

Russell please email me. IowaCurls@gmail.com

Day4plus said...

I hope you had a nice Easter day.
2 of my daughters and 2 of my grandons and me too-- went on the ferry to see Great Grandma. We had a delightful time and nice lunch. We made egg salad sandwiches, I brought a Quiche and Jolene brought some sparking apple juice and we feasted like kings and queens and topped it off with brownies. Who could ask for better. Happiness to you. MB

Hilary said...

I hope you, Bailey and the other critters had a wonderful Easter with family and friends. :)