Saturday, December 25, 2010

True Grit 2010

This afternoon I went and saw the Coen Brothers' version of True Grit.



I thought there would not be a big crowd on Christmas Day. I was wrong. The theatre was packed. I am not sure if it is because the movie is so popular or because people were looking for something to do. Probably both.

The movie is based on the novel by Charles Portis.



Though Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon get the biggest hype, the real star is Hallie Steinfeld. Hallie plays 14-year old Mattie Ross, a girl who hires Marshall Rooster Cogburn to find the man who killed her father.



Hallie Steinfeld was 13 years old when the film was made. Watching her on screen she seems much more mature in terms of age and acting experience.



If you get a chance, I recommend seeing the new True Grit. I think you will enjoy it.



It is a bit graphic in spots but as with any Coen Brothers film, the filming is excellent and the pace is appropriate for the story.

Take care and thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

L. D. said...

Thanks for the review. We are thinking of heading to the mall and see some flicks during the week.

Country Girl said...

The John Wayne version was one of my favorites but I'm looking forward to this one. Thanks, Russell.
I'm surprised at how many were in the theatre!