Thursday, April 25, 2013

iPhone

Yesterday I joined the 21st century.  After many, many years of having a phone that looked like this

I now have a phone that looks like this



The #1 reason I got this new phone was so I could text my daughter.  I have a wise brother and sister in law who told me quite a while ago that young people will text you but will not call you.  They were so, so right.  I sent a text to my daughter yesterday and within minutes she responded!

I remember when cell phones looked like this


I first got a cell phone in 1995 and signed up for 15 minutes per month (yes .... that is not a typo .... 15 minutes per month!) and it looked like this



I was attracted to an iPhone since I really like this



I got the iPod Touch last fall.  Before that I had never owned an Apple product.  My work gave me one of these to use

I might find myself getting one of these soon

Some things are just really good, good, good!

6 comments:

Jo said...

I have exactly the same phone. It took me a few months to get used to it, but now I love it. Texting is the best! Telephones are so 2012. :-)

Hilary said...

Your brother and sister in law are indeed correct. My older son is a talker so we chat at least once a week for about an hour. But if I want to know what's doing with my younger one, it's via text. I've always been a Mac person. You'd very much enjoy yourself if you had that one in the last image. :)

A Brit in Tennessee said...

You could have texted from your old Samsung phone, but probably not as much fun :)
I used to text from my pager, way back when, even form England to the USA, although limited messages.
Love your new iPhone !
~Jo

Country Girl said...

I even text to get subs for the teachers who call out sick. So many of the younger subs use texting and it makes it so easy. I'd like an iPhone and am planning on getting one when my Android plan stops in October.

A Lady's Life said...

It is an amazing little machine.
You can do so much with it
It took so many jobs away.
It will keep you amused for hours lol
Only thing is now they are going to give the numbers to phone solicitors and that's a pain in the butt.

Small City Scenes said...

Well congats to entering the new techie age. I'm not quit there yet. I have an almost smart phone---maybe it is a smart phone--it will do most anything.
Texting is the way to go, to the point and when you are done--you are done. MB