Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Neighborhood Walk

Today I went for a walk around my neighborhood.  I was surprised at the amount of yard art I saw.  Here's a bicycle similar to the one I used to ride years ago.

I like the bicycle a lot.  Not sure I can say the same for the lacquered wood beaver ....


This pump was interesting.  I have actually used real one likes this long before they became yard ornaments.


I thought these were real at first.  We have a lot of deer in our neighborhood.


This yard has the most eclectic items in our neighborhood - that is why it is my favourite. 


See that dog in the background of the above picture?  Here is a closer view.  There are some real advantages to having an ... unreal ... dog like this! 



Only about two blocks away I came across this house.  The metal sculptures are great.


Here is a closer view of the ant you can see in the above picture.  Notice the sunglasses!


This robin is real.  And he was having a "real" good time finding worms since we have had so much rain lately.


Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Hilary said...

What a fun collection. The image with the various pieces (and dog in the background) is most interesting. A good display of textures, colours, shapes and whimsy.

A Lady's Life said...

That was fun . It's one way to recycle old things. I like the beaver.
:)

Small City Scenes said...

Isn't yard art a kick. So many different tastes. Some leave us shaking our head(s). I like the Robin the best. LOL
I do have some birdhouses and faeries but not overdone--sez me. haha. MB

Jo said...

Your neighbourhood looks absolutely lovely...!